Ginger Selected for Seed
Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or ginger, is widely used as a spice and a folk medicine (Ginger is a slender perennial herb commonly used as a spice )
1. Consumption of ginger by people suffering from arthritis can help relieve pain as it contains a very potent anti-inflammatory compound called gingerols.
2. It is very helpful in preventing motion sickness or seasickness as it helps against gastrointestinal distress.
3. During pregnancy, ginger is preferred over drugs to ease nausea because of its anti-vomiting property.
4. Ginger also has anti-tumor effects of the cells and helps prevent ovarian and colon cancer.
5. It is given to people with flu as it induces sweat and helps the body detoxify.
Did you know?
Ginger is antimicrobial.
During the ancient times, ginger was used a food preservative.
|Varieties||Green ginger yield t / ha||maturity (days)||Dry potential yield (%)||Fiber (%)||Olioresin (%)||Perfume oil (%)|
Ginger | Spices Board
Hindi Name: अदरक
Box Size : 3 to 50Kg